when & why?
Clinical Benefits of Natural Astaxanthin:
- Revitalises photo-aged skin by quenching oxidative stress and inflammation in all skin layers
- Reduces the size of wrinkles and improves skin micro-texture
- Improves elasticity in the skin by strengthening the collagen layer
One of the most damaging assaults to our skin derives from oxidative stress. This includes damage to cellular DNA and cellular bodies that is caused by molecules known as reactive oxygen species, also called “free radicals”.
Repairs DNA damage: The fact that it protects against UV rays is actually a two-fold benefit, as sun damage causes DNA damage. Fortunately, astaxanthin helps with that. Studies found that ASX has been reported: "to improve the DNA repair capacity of cells exposed to UV radiation." In other words, it may slow the growth of skin cancer cells.
Comparative studies examining the photo-protective effects of carotenoids have demonstrated that ASX is a superior antioxidant, having greater antioxidant capacity than canthaxanthin and β-carotene in human dermal fibroblasts. New studies shows ASX inhibits collagenases, MMP activity, inflammatory mediators, and free radical induction, resulting in potent anti-wrinkle and antioxidant effects. Moreover, ASX may prevent UV-induced immunosuppression.
- Improves age-related forgetfulness, multitasking and alertness
- Decreases oxidation of red blood cells, which is linked to the prevention of dementia
- Enhances capillary blood flow and blood antioxidant quality
- Modulates blood pressure, thus lowering stroke risk and improving vascular endothelial health
Clinical Studies Have Shown That Natural Astaxanthin is Beneficial in Enhancing Eye Health & Vision by:
- Improving symptoms linked to Computer Vision Syndrome and eye fatigue
- Improving capillary blood flow
- Reducing inflammation of the ciliary muscle
Astaxanthin’s unique molecular structure accounts for the strength of its antioxidant activity, which is higher than other carotenoids such as zeaxanthin, lutein and betacarotene, and 100 to 550 times stronger than alpha-tocopherol.
Japanese researchers have extensively studied the effect of astaxanthin supplementation on eye fatigue, eye strain, blurred vision and presbyopia, which is the inability to focus on near objects.
A dose of 9mg of astaxanthin per day was found to significantly improve eye strain in visual display terminal workers after four weeks of supplementation. A similar dose regime of 6mg of astaxanthin for four weeks resulted in improved pupillary constriction, and improved the symptoms of blurred vision, eye strain and difficulty to see near objects in individuals with presbyopia. In another trial, both a 4mg and 12mg dose of astaxanthin for four weeks significantly improved uncorrected far visual acuity.
Benefits of Natural Astaxanthin
- Faster immune response
- Strengthens and balances the immune system
- Enhances antibody production
- Protects immune cells against oxidative stress
Benefits of Natural Astaxanthin for Stomach Health
- Lowers gastric inflammation
- Decreases infection of Helicobacter pylori
- Reduces clinical symptoms in dyspepsia patients
Enhances the immune system: Astaxanthin has been found to increase the body's stores of immunoglobulin, which help the immune system fight against viruses and even melanoma, according to the 2018 review.
Astaxanthin is a red pigment molecule that is a member of the carotenoid family found in certain marine algae. New research has revealed that astaxanthin plays a role in joint optimization, immune, brain, cardiovascular, DNA and mitochondrial health. Research has also demonstrated that astaxanthin can help promote healthy blood sugar levels for people who are in the normal range. This formulation is designed to enhance astaxanthin absorption by several fold. Astaxanthin also promotes the activity of white blood cells (lymphocytes) and natural killer cells (NK) that play a role in the innate immune system. Additionally, astaxanthin plays a role in fighting aging, protects heart muscle and supports eye health.
*DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.